- Chatbot Updates
- No comments
There is no doubt that 2017 will see a significant growth within the Chatbot market, so here are twelve predictions:
- Messaging platforms with their Conversational User Interface (CUI) will become the natural and dominant habitat for 3bn humans to co-exist with Chatbots.
- China will increase its investments in Chatbots to maintain its lead on the USA as a competitive differentiation to achieve more.
- Microsoft and Facebook retain their market lead for their respective conversation-as-a-platform service against other tech titans, with Google playing catch-up mode. Both Apple and Google shareholders will become more frustrated as the implications and impact to their core businesses become better understood.
- Chatbots will grow faster compared to the growth of mobile apps, with the number of Chatbots surpassing apps by 2020.
- Embryonic new Chatbot stores will emerge with embedded monetization that eventually leads to the reversal of Mobile App revenues.
- Leading brands from retail and services will use Chatbots to set new benchmarks for contextual customer experiences as an accelerator towards the future envisaged within the Minority Report.
- Chatbot dialogue becomes the new digital inventory for conversational commerce and advertising, having a significant impact on many industries, agencies, websites and apps.
- Dialogue choices, pathways and outcomes will provide a new type of big data for emergent, universal and unifying standard, which will change the way we think about marketing, sales, services, research and productivity. The captured dialogue data will provide new forms of business intelligence for compliance, audit, measurements and pattern analytics.
- New types of Chatbots will emerge to lead the transition from content to context, shaping the next generation of knowledge management for sustainable competitive differentiation, especially for standard operating procedures and other forms of algorithmic knowledge.
- There will be further strategic realization that Chatbots are fundamentally changing productivity leading to dialogue-driven workflows replacing traditional workflows and form-filling.
- Acquisitions will start to switch from Chatbot Platforms to Chatbot Tools to strengthen the platform capabilities.
- Users will become more demanding for building their own Chatbots enabling a new era of co-development with software developers, who will become more specialized in dialogue-driven workflow and orchestrating data in context to the dialogue.
In summation, 2017 will be about establishing the industrial foundation for Chatbots leading to the transformation of user interfaces and user experiences, which will impact everything.